Tuesday 30 August 2011

This Is Not A Romance

Every day, in every way he makes me feel special and wanted.
How lovely is it to have someone know just from looking at my face how I'm feeling. For him to know that I need that extra kind word or bit of reassurance, or that I just need to talk.
We chat about our vanilla interests, about our thoughts of various aspects of D/s. He listens to my point of view, he may not agree with me, he may inform me that it's not likely to happen in our relationship, but he never ignores me. I feel the roles becoming more defined.
Slowly he's introducing subtle levels of D/s despite our original intention to wait until physically together. It feels like a very natural progression I have to say and there's nothing that's unreasonable at all.
His brother referred to me as his girlfriend and when corrected and informed that I am his submissive, he just didn't get the difference at all.
This is something I've discussed before, that it's not a romance, it's a D/s relationship. Yes it's almost inevitable that love will grow as any D/s relationship develops and deepens the connection between you, but it's not the same as a vanilla romance at all. Not in my experience anyway.
I prefer the honesty and openness of this type of negotiation before the real relationship starts. Of course I also believe you will only get out of it what you are prepared to put in and if you're not honest about your needs then you're only going to cheat yourself in the end as you won't find something that will last.

"The most powerful sexual organ in the body is our brain, open your mind and allow your fantasies free reign, mutual pleasure between consenting adults is a wonderful thing."
DanesWood

No comments: