Saturday 23 June 2012

The Meaning of Friendship


I've spent a little time pondering lately about friends and what friendship means to me and to others.


For me I always try to be honest with friends, offer support and advice if needed and although there have been times I've been envious of what a friend may have I've never seen it as anything more than perhaps something I can aspire to or as a model for how I might conduct myself.


A hard lesson I've learned over the years is that when a friend uses their position to take something from you, money, possessions or to use your trust to manipulate you and others in your circle. 
Perhaps this is because they're dissatisfied with their current circumstances and see taking something for themselves from another as a fast track way to get what they want.


Funny isn't it how much more an act of betrayal this seems when done by someone professing friendship and wanting only the best for you.


The vast majority of people I allow close to me would never dream of doing anything so dishonest or underhand, but then that's why they're still close to me.


So to all my true friends, please be aware how much I appreciate you, because it's not something we say enough in my opinion.









"The most powerful sexual organ in the body is our brain, open your mind and allow your fantasies free reign, mutual pleasure between consenting adults is a wonderful thing."
 DanesWood

No comments: